Monday, June 15, 2009

A ride in the mustang

Yesterday wasn't the greatest day for Xander, Justin & me. For whatever reason, Xander was unhappy most of the day, once he'd woken up from his naps. Even though he slept well and ate well...he was just not himself. Later in the evening I got a call from Mom asking if we'd like to take a ride out of town w/ her and my sister, and eat at the drive-in. I initially said now, but was glad I changed my mind. Xander had SUCH a great time. I enjoyed it as well - we drove around our old hometown, looking at all the houses and changes that have been made over the past 15 years or so.

When they came to pick Xander and I up, I was pleasantly surprised to see they'd brought the convertible mustang! The carseat & base actually fit (which really surprised me) so we were able to have a fun ride out of town. Xander loved watching the road and sky go by - he was awake and alert the entire 30 minutes to Osage. Once in town he just couldn't get enough of the trees and houses and colors. He was chatty and generally happy. This trip had really turned our grumpy baby into a very content little boy. :)

The pictures below where Xander has his hat on are all from our trip. There are a couple others I couldn't resist posting as well. :)
Sunset from the back of the car
On the way back home
Finally got a smile on camera
Laughing

More smiles at Stan's
Oh Hi!
Just relaxing on the drive to Osage
What?!
Cuddle time with Grandma
Grandma got me a brand new hat!
Going for a walk

No comments: