Thursday, September 17, 2009

Family Update

I cannot believe we are halfway through September already!! Before you know it, it will be October. The leaves are already starting to change and fall from the trees. It reminds me how much I love fall. :)
Renaissance Fair Sept 2009

Taking everything in

Not much new here. Xander had his 6 mo appointment on the 3rd. The doctor said he was looking really good. He's still in the 25th percentile, but thought he was doing very well. Xander weighed in at 15 lbs 12 oz. and 26 inches long. He's getting so big! The biggest accomplishments lately are that he's sitting by himself and he can support himself on hands and knees for a few seconds. :) The other day he even tried crawling. He moved one arm forward, but just couldn't quite figure out where to go from there and eventually ended up laying down on his belly. :)
I'm up, but I'm not happy about it...
Now he's constantly reaching for the things he wants, toys, food, mommy or daddy, the dog, etc. He's very intentional and deliberate with his movements (most of the time). If he's tired, then he gets a bit zoned and flails around a bit. It's amazing how fast he's growing and learning.
Hi Dad
Sweet Boy

At his 6 month appointment we also got the official go-ahead to start solids. Sooooo....Xander's had his first tastes of real food. :) He's already had rice cereal, and he gets that some mornings now. But in the evenings he always gets some sort of food. The first was butternut squash, which he really seems to enjoy. Next will be sweet potatos. I'm making his baby food so I've got to get a few more things made, but in the meantime, he's enjoyed what I've made for him. Sweet potatoes will start tonight or tomorrow.
Distracted by the computer

Unfortunately, in the last week or so, our family has been a bit under the weather. Somewhere along the lines, one of us caught a cold, and gave it to the rest of us. We're not sure if Xander got it from daycare, or if Justin or I got it from school. Xander's got a cough which I hate to see because there's not much I can do to help him with it. He also has a bit of a stuffy nose - which he hates getting cleaned out! I seem to have retained the worst of it (which is pretty normal for me) with a cough and runny nose, and an occassional headache. So it means lots of extra hands washing and drinking lots of fluids.
Passed out

Monday was Xander's 6 month photo shoot. I'm looking forward to picking those pictures up and seeing how they turned out. Xander did so well! By the end he was being a little flirt with April, his photographer. He did such a good job sitting on his own. He looked so old!!

Sitting on his own the the tub

Sorry for the picture spam. The photos are a bit random but thought I should post some new ones. Bathtime, Renaissance Fair, time with Daddy, etc.
Hopefully everyone's enjoying the nice weather we've been having lately, and also staying healthy.

No comments: