There's not a whole lot new going on in our family, other than we are staying busy! Justin's enjoying school, and I'm, well, keeping busy at work! lol Like I said, not much new there.
I have finally rid myself of most of my cold. Took about 3 weeks and A LOT! of cough drops, but I think we've reached the end! And luckily, Xander never caught it again.
As far as Xander News, just last week he had his latest round of shots - 3 this time. The first pricks were okay, he wasn't expecting them because they're done at the same time. But the 3rd one really got him upset. :\ I hate to see him uncomfortable! Other than that, no problems.
We're starting to see a much more alert, awake baby these days. Some, we think, is a growth spurt. Some from teething - although none have pushed through, and some is just because he's getting older and spending more time awake. A big plus, though, is that he's pretty good at entertaining himself. He stays happy if he's got some toys, a remote control or something like that to keep him busy. :) He's figured out how to roll each way so that he can get to what he wants. We're still coaxing the crawling, but for now, he's content to roll or scoot backwards. :)
Something new: he's started sucking on his bottom lip. He'll suck it in under his top lip and he's content. I'll have to catch a picture sometime. This is something new in the last 2 days or so. Today, when I was giving him a bath, I finally was able to get him to let go of it, and it was so red!! But he doesn't seem bothered.
Here are a few new pictures. First one was just a random afternoon, the rest were all from his 6 month photo shoot. :) He's getting so big! :)
We were much happier with the full lot of pictures taken this time. The photographer was pretty creative and got some great fall shots and overall did a great job capturing his personality. :)
I think the headline speaks for itself!
Something about this picture makes me smile - I think it's because we get this look a lot. :)
These last 3 are my favorites. There were so many smiles to choose from, but I had to narrow it down somehow.
Perfect fall shotAs I've said, this is my favorite season, especially as we move through Halloween and start gearing up for Thanksgiving and Christmas. :) We hope everyone is staying warm and healthy now that fall has arrived, and at least in Iowa, along with the cold and rain!


No comments:
Post a Comment