Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Another Milestone

So I can already tell that I won't be very good at keeping this blog up-to-date on the latest goings-on in our lives, but I do have something new to share this week! :)

This weekend (Saturday to be exact), Xander and I went to Mason with my mom to do a bit of shopping and get a few errands taken care of. Xander didn't have the best day - he's had a stuffy nose and he started coughing on Friday, which carried over to Saturday. He was spitting up a lot, and generally a little more uncomfortable than usual. Anyway - once we got home he wasn't settling in as usual. So that evening we decided to set him on the floor on his tummy and maybe he would settle down and fall asleep.

Lo and behold, after being on the floor for just a couple minutes - he was looking around, taking everything in, and he rolled over!! :) We were so proud of him. :) You'd think he'd just finished running a marathon for how much we were cheering for him. lol You could tell he realized he'd done something pretty great, because then he started cooing and talking and laughing. So we put him back on his tummy, and with a little effort, he rolled over again!

So that's our little man's new talent. Last night we put him down for more tummy time and he quickly rolled over several times. I think he's been practicing when we're not looking. ;) I have a video (where he's a bit cranky cause he'd done it several times by this point) where Justin and I sound pretty silly that I'll make sure to post when I get the chance.

The weather's pretty wet here lately. We've had bits of sunshine and lots of rain. Our grass seed is finally starting to grow - as is the little bit of shrubbery around our house. Soon we'll have the chance to really start working on fixing up the yard and the house, and getting it up to our standards.

Other than that, no new news. This weekend should be fun as Sunday is MY first Mother's Day. No plans for the day yet, but it should be nice to spend the day with Justin and Xander.

No comments: