Sunday, July 5, 2009

Happy 4th of July!

We had a relaxing 4th of July spending time with our family. We had an easy morning, Xander cooperated by sleeping in a little bit. :) I really appreciated that. Then it was time to get ready for the parade. I've got a few pictures from there, but I'll have to post them another time - they're still on my phone or someone else's camera!! Xander liked the parade, I think. He just sat and took everything in! My favorite was, of course, the horses! Xander didn't care for some of the sirens (firetruck and semis), but most of the time the noise wasn't a problem.

Then after lunch we came home quick, then went to Grandma Linda's house to spend more time with family. I was so proud, Xander didn't spit-up almost the ENTIRE day!! We've been having a few issues with him spitting up, so I thought he'd go through his new outfit pretty quick (I even had a back-up outfit but never had to use it).

After some time at Grandma's house, we went home for a nap. It was nice to rest before we went back to watch the fireworks. They were shot off from a different location this year. We were able to see them from Mom and Carl's house, but it was definately a change from previous years! Xander didn't mind the fireworks. They were far enough away that he didn't notice the noise much, he hardly even noticed the colors. Next year I think will be much different! He even fell asleep before they were over.

The furry, four-legged clan
FINALLY, an updated family photo

Here are a few pics from the days surrounding the 4th. I think we tuckered Xander out!

Sportin' my new hat
All-in-all it was a nice laid-back day. :) Hope everyone else enjoyed their 4th!

No comments: