Monday, August 2, 2010

The New Pastry Chef

Xander's an active toddler.  He likes being outside, running around, playing with the dogs, etc.  He likes it when you play with him by tossing or rolling a ball back and forth, playing with cars, or taking the dogs for a walk.  Rarely, does this child actually sit down for long periods of time.  (Not that I really expect him to at this age...)  It's not to say that he doesn't slow down now and again to sit on the floor and play with blocks or other toys, but it seems like most times he's rather be up and moving around.  Maybe he's trying to make up for all that time spent laying around on the floor in his early months. :)

Well, Grandma Johnson has found a way to make him sit and pay attention for a relatively good amount of time!  Cookies!!  I think we've found our new pastry chef in the family. :)  All it takes is a Fisher-Price apron, a spoon and a bowl of cookie dough and he's set.  (And that apron looks pretty darn cute!)

Warning: Picture Overload!! (But you really need to see them all to get the full story....)

Helping Grandma add ingredients
Stirring everything together
Taste-testing
Yep, seems okay to me, but I better double-check
Bars in the pan
Hmm, they look different, I better check this out
This piece here - yep this one looks good
Hi Grandma!
I like chocolate chips!
Getting them out of the oven - better wear my oven mitts!
Having a snack with Grandpa
We're just relaxin'!

Xander's had the opportunity to test this process a few times now, and he still likes the taste-testing the best! :)

No comments: