Friday, August 20, 2010

Ouch!

New experience for us as parents this afternoon.  After receiving a call from daycare, I headed to the center to pick up Xander.  He'd fallen while playing outside and split his forehead open! Poor babe!

Warning: if pictures of cuts and/or stitches make you uncomfortable, please be aware there is a picture at the bottom of the post.  

When I arrived, he was quietly sitting on Kim's lap, although the calmness didn't last long after he saw me and I picked him up.

We made a quick stop at the house to pick up Justin and away we went to the hospital.  They cleaned him up and after taking a look, the doctor decided he was going to need stitches.

I think the worst part was seeing Xander held down on the bed by the nurses and Justin while the doctor got him all stitched up.  Three stitches later and he was set to go.  By the time the doctor had finished the final stitch, Xander was much more calm, mostly just unhappy that he was being contained.

He goes back to the doctor in a week to have the stitches removed and to be checked out.  Hopefully, this is not a trend that little man is starting early....especially since his mom is known as a bit of a klutz!



1 comment:

Jessica & Jason Hill said...

Poor kid! hope his head is feeling better soon!