Today is an important day in our family, today is Justin's birthday! We had a relaxing, "late" start to our day. Xander was kind enough to sleep in a little for us this morning. This is the best way to spend the weekend. :)
Xander & I ran some errands at Kmart, then came back to get Justin so we could grab an early lunch and head down by the walking bridge to feed the ducks. Although Xander didn't care much for his lunch, he had a REALLY great time giving it to all the ducks and geese. And let me tell you, the minute we got out of the car, they started flooding our way. These ducks were not at all shy, they've been so socialized. So between the 3 of us we threw out some bread. I wish I had my camera because it would have been great to get a picture of Xander. He was able to stand in the middle of a herd of ducks and a few geese. They only ran away when Xander started chasing them. :) Go figure. We also saw a swan on the river. That was pretty neat. Again, a camera would have been nice at that moment.
It all ended very abruptly, though, when I realized a bug had crawled up my pants leg and bitten and/or stung me in some way. I sort of freaked out and we made a fast retreat for home so I could check out the damage. Don't worry, nothing serious, just creeped me out b/c right about the time I noticed something was on my leg, Justin had pointed out a large spider. Ugggghhh.
Then while Xander napped, Justin & I worked on the yard a little bit. Now, this might not seem like things you'd do on your birthday, but it's been a very laid back day, which is really nice sometimes.
But the best part of the day (if you ask Xander) was our afternoon activities.
Xander helped me bake a treat for Daddy.
And by help, I of course mean he "tested" our treat.
I am now incredibly aware of how badly Xander needs his own apron. :) A dishtowel wrapped around his little body doesn't cut it! He had chocolate everywhere!
These were just simple, peanut butter brownies with a powdered sugar glaze.
What was so yummy about these was that when you took a bite of the brownie, there was just a little hint of peanut butter. And a little bit of glazey goodness on top! :) Xander really liked this part too. :)
So Happy Birthday, Daddy! :)
"Even With a Broken Heart"
1 year ago
No comments:
Post a Comment