Last year around this time, Justin and I were trying to decide how we would rake the yard to rid ourselves of all the leaves. I suppose I should clarify, though. How to rake the yard with Xander with us. We could have taken him to Mom's house, and we may have done that a couple times. But I do remember that on a few occasions, Xander sat out in his stroller watching us rake and blow leaves around the yard.
This year, he's obviously old enough to enjoy the leaves himself. We haven't actually raked the yard yet, but before we left to run some errands out of town the other day, Justin raked up a little pile of leaves just for Xander to play in. And play he did!
He stomped...
and kicked...
and threw his arms around...
you'd think he was throwing a temper tantrum if you just considered his actions. But when applied to a pile of leaves it becomes a lot of fun for an almost-2-year-old. :) Needless to say, he enjoyed the leaves.
To top all that off, he was wearing his Iowa State jersey from Mom (Go Cyclones!), which he looks ridiculously cute in. :) I had to snap a few pictures.
So when it comes time for us to actually rake and clean up the yard (after this silly rain stops), we know he's going to have a blast helping. :)
1 comment:
Now that he knows how much fun leaves are, I wish you all the luck in getting them cleaned up while he jumps in the piles and sends all the leaves flying again ;)
Post a Comment