I have several pictures to share, but I'm going to go a little out of order. I hope no one minds!
Last week on Thursday was the community Spook Walk. Essentially, this is businesses and people within the community who set up booths for kids to walk around and "trick or treat." It's a safe place for kids to enjoy the Halloween holiday without parents worrying about their children going from house-to-house in the dark. This has been going on for a LONG time, even back when I was in middle school, I think (or at least got started around that time).
It's gained wide popularity and after talking to Mom, she also thinks people from surrounding communities come to do the Spook Walk.
So when Mom asked if we wanted to take Xander, we thought it would make for a fun night. We didn't have a costume planned because we weren't going to take him trick-or-treating. So we ran to Kmart for something he could wear. We found a simple puppy-dog costume that was all one piece. No little parts to go chasing down!
Xander wasn't so sure about his costume at first. He didn't really care for the hood, which was the puppy's head and ears. He kept trying to pull it off. Every now and then we'd put it up and he'd forget it was there and start running around.
The Walk started at 5:30 but we didn't hit the booths until close to 7 probably (maybe 6:30). But Xander enjoyed seeing the other kids in costumes and everyone standing in line. He saw the other kids playing and he wanted to go play too.
Grandma spent a lot of time corralling Xander!
It's hard to see in this picture, but we were in line behind a boy dressed as a dragon. Xander LOVED his costume!
We didn't take any pictures at the booths because by that time it was dark and we were carrying Xander. He'd had enough of standing in line and wanted to move. But once he saw the people in costumes giving out candy and goodies, he was good!I also just finished a new hat for Xander. To fall in line with the season, I knit him Little Pumpkin, which is a hat by one of my favorite designers, Susan B. Anderson. This was so quick to knit and it's just too cute! Again, Xander didn't want to leave it on his head, but I was able to snap a few pictures.
When Xander would pull his puppy hood down at the Spook Walk, we'd slip this onto his head. So for the booths Xander was actually a pumpkin-headed puppy! :) It should keep his ears nice and warm during this somewhat chilly weather!
And just because I haven't posted enough pictures...here are a couple more for good measure.... :)










1 comment:
He's such a doll! I love the pumpkin hat - and the costume!
Post a Comment