So I admit, I’m not very good at keeping this blog up-to-date. I always mean to post things, but I never get organized enough to do it. So it’s a bit sporadic. I’m hoping to be a little better about this in the future and hopefully some of you will speak up if you don’t hear anything from us very often!
With that little bit out of the way, just a general update on how things are going. September 6 marked 2.5 years for our little boy! We are amazed every day at how big he is getting and how much he is learning. He loves to mimic and copy (which means we have to be more careful than ever before about what we do and say!!) and he soaks everything up like the little sponge he is. Xander is a thinker and a problem-solver. We’re still getting used to the fact that he can put sentences together, that make sense, that we didn’t teach him. And not that it’s intentional, but he’s a funny little boy who keeps us smiling.
I’ve also started to notice that he’s more shy than he used to be in new situations. Xander’s always been reserved and likes to observe, take things in before interacting, but it wasn’t because he was shy. Now, when introduced to something or someone new, he’s hesitant or will get a shy little smile on his face, and hide behind Justin or I. We love watching him grow up!
Friday marked 32 weeks for Baby and me. I had appointment in the afternoon, where the doctor remarked that everything looked good. It was a boring and unremarkable appointment, which is the best way to go. Overall, I’m feeling pretty good. I still struggle with heartburn, but it’s tolerable. I’ve had some muscle pain so with some suggested muscle stretches, Tylenol when needed and hot/cold packs, the doctor thought it should get better. If not, then there’s the possibility of physical therapy. But just from the weekend it seems as though the stretches really are making a difference.
Baby is moving around A LOT. Any time I lay down she starts bouncing around. I spend most of my time leaning away from things because her feet are permanently lodged in my ribs! Want to hear the exciting news?! My c-section has been scheduled! Hooray! Now we can start planning around that date, getting vacations and maternity leave arranged, etc. My goal at this point is to sort through some of Xander’s clothing and pick out what I’d like to use for her, and then see where we sit for baby supplies and clothes.
As for Justin and I? We’re plugging along enjoying the time with Xander. I’ve knit up a collection of baby items. Justin just had a birthday – Xander made him cupcakes with Mom (my mom!). He was mostly interesting in blowing out Daddy’s candles and eating the cake, but I think he liked sharing them with Daddy. I have a conference next week in Des Moines, so the two of us will have the chance to get out of town together, just the two of us, one more time before Baby arrives.
So that’s a quick update on what’s new here. Nothing too exciting but nice, all the same. :)
3 comments:
I always miss you! Happy to hear things are going well for you, baby, and family! We have to get back in the habit of more regular emailing again (I blame it on summertime) and we have to wrangle that Miranda into keeping us more updated!
I agree! I was just thinking I needed to send you 3 an email! You know, I live 30 minutes or so away and I still don't hardly talk with her! (Although, we've been talking about meeting up after work one day...)
I can't believe you only have a couple weeks left til baby girl!! HOW EXCITING!!
Post a Comment