Thursday, October 22, 2009

Grandma Dewey

The last week or so has been long. A week ago yesterday my grandma went to the hospital b/c she was having a hard time breathing. Yesterday at 4am the Lord called her home.

Grandma Dewey was an amazing woman who had room in heart for so many people. She was stubborn, which was one of those things that could be very endearing. She loved big. I know I will miss her terribly, but I am glad to know that she is no longer in pain and that she is looking down on us from Heaven.

I will always remember sitting on her living room floor watching Annie and Sound of Music and Dumbo. I will remember making jello on her kitchen counter and "pumpkin cookies" for Halloween. I will remember her Easter hats and her growing moose collection! :) Dogs were called "Wow-wows." She loved the fall and seeing all the beautiful colors on the trees.

I am thankful I had so much time with her growing up and that she got to be a part of our wedding and got to meet and play with her great-grandson.

In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. John 14:2-3

2 comments:

Tonya said...

Rae Lynn,

I am so sorry to hear about your grandma. It's very hard to lose someone so close to you. I lost my grandma 7 1/2 years ago but she's still close and I talk to her every day. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Tonya
tonyadusold.blogspot.com

Jessica & Jason Hill said...

Hey Rae,

We're thinking about you guys. Wish we were there and could do something for you.

Jessica