Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Christmas Highlights

I don't have the energy tonight to post everything about Christmas, but it has been a great whirlwind of a week.  A few things I would like to share was just the general atomosphere.  So here are a couple pictures of Christmas trees, decor and food! :)  Hopefully later this week I can get some pictures of Xander up, as well as some from family events, etc. 

Our Christmas Tree - before the bottom started dying (we have a fake tree btw)


Some of my favorite winter decor - my fleece snowgirl & Christmas Lights Present - it's so neat to see this gift glowing in the dark. :)


Fancy Christmas tree at Mom's house


Buffet line on Christmas Eve - always way too much yummy food - it's great!

Nachos, little smokies, cheese and crackers, summer sausage, spinach dip, stuffed mushrooms, Spritz cookies, m&ms, date pinwheels, fudge, chocolate covered pretzels, Red Velvet cupcakes, peanut blossoms - WOW that's a lot of food! 

Every good buffet requires a drink cart!  And my favorite Christmas beverage is on the left - Hot Apple Cider!!


And finally....Christmas Red Velvet Cupcakes!  Thanks, Tonya!  They were a big hit with the family!

They looked so yummy and were just so tasty they required a second picture! haha

And I think my favorite part of the cupcakes was the frosting.  It was light and creamy - not too heavy like some frosting.  Easy to eat several of these yummy treats.  And just to spice them up a bit, I used red and green food coloring in the frosting to be festive.  Something I think I'll do again next year!  :) If you want to check out the recipe, check out Tonya's blog here

One of the great things about Christmas is sharing great food with family.  We were able to enjoy a pleasant evening with my immediate family, my Grandpa Dewey, my uncle, Marty and his family (Olga, Stas & Mama), as well as 5 very loved pups! :)  After some great food and company, we enjoyed the candlelight service at church, and then returned to open gifts.  So a great beginning to the holidays!

Stay tuned, more to come in the next few days!

1 comment:

Tonya said...

I'm glad you tried - and liked - the mini cupcakes. Great idea to color the frosting!