First, my sister recieved her customized totes - pink, brown & green paisley totes, 2 of which were silhouttes of paisley Shih Tzus. I don't have a picture of them with her right now - I'll have to get one. But they're very "her" and she really likes them. She's very environmentally conscious and so they are a good match. She also recieved a knit toy I made, Sisters. It's a reversible toy - each side representing one of us (pink for Carissa, blue for Rae Lynne). It's a really addicting toy and you can spend a lot of time just turning them back and forth.
Blue=Rae Lynne
Pink = Carissa
Sisters - mid-turn
We gave Aaron a knit hat in green - which he has also really enjoyed. It can be worn to slouch a bit or the brim can be rolled back and make the hat double warm. The yarn I used is SUPER soft and comfy, should be itch free and stylish to boot! :) Carl is also getting one similar, but it's not finished yet.
Aaron's hat
Carl got some tickets to 2 different Hawkeye basketball games. He's great about going to Cyclone games w/ Mom so we thought he should get some fun too with the Hawkeyes. His hat will be black and gold. :)
I made Mom a little teddy bear - she collects them so I thought it fitting. We also found her some really neat shoes (I love shoes) and a Belgion waffle maker. Carl also gave her some shoes, so her collection is slowly growing! :)
Teddy Bear
Kind of hard to see in the picture, but Mom is wearing one of each shoe :)
Justin recieved an autographed Stevie Yzerman Detroit Red Wings jersey, which he was super excited about. He was very surprised and apprecited the thoughtfulness of the gift. That was his really big gift. He also got a couple tshirts from Simple City Tees from Aaron as well as a ladder from Aaron and Carissa. He really needed a ladder.
Xander & Daddy hanging together
I was so happy with my gifts this year. I got a Brother sewing machine (YES! I really needed it!), a Jeanice Bergland painting of the old Swinging Bridge in Charles City that was destroyed by the flood, and a few other neat gifts. One of my favorite gifts was Sew What Bags from my sister, with a gift card to Jo-Anns to accompany it (good thinking Carissa!). I also got a gift card to Maurices from my brother which I've already spent! :)
Grandkids w/ Grandpa
Xander got a lot of neat toys, including a Pound-A-Peg, a wooden train, some cute clothes, Snowtime Tales (a storybook with pressed pages so they're textured - he's such a tactile child), some shoes, a soft Elmo book which he loves playing with, 5 Little Pigs puppet & storybook, wooden stacking rings....well a lot of stuff, let's just say that! haha He got some really great, unique toys. We have veered away from anything too big or too noisy because we don't want them to take over our house (although there are a few toys he REALLY enjoys with all the lights, buttons & noise). The wooden toys are great because I think they really foster his creativity, and he can do a lot with them. Earlier in the evening, we also opened a gift for Xander from Marty & Olga's family. It's a neat little toy car that when turned on has songs and lights and buttons and things. I think it's called Holiday car. And he can listen to it on Spanish or English. Maybe Xander will develop the skill for multiple languages at an early age! :) Xander's obsessed with poking buttons, so this was fun and we really appreciated them thinking of Xander.
Xander & his train
Mom & Grandpa
Wow - that's a lot of stuff, which makes for a long post. I spose I'll have to update the other days at another time. Space them out a bit! :)



1 comment:
So exciting learning a new craft. I have tried knitting and am no good. Better at sewing and crocheting. It must have been the year of the Belgian waffle maker. I know about 5 people who either gave or received one!
Post a Comment