Today I have a few different things to post, and since I'm thinking about them, I don't want to wait to get them up. So I'll do it in 2 separate posts. :)
First, last week we had gorgeous weather in Iowa. A couple days even got into the lower 80s. So it was warm. A little too warm right away for my particular tastes, I like it when it warms up gradually - my body wasn't quite ready for the temps to be quite that high. A gradual climb, starting in the high 60s, low 70s is good. Anyway - my feelings on the weather aren't really the point here.
The point is, we got to go outside! We let the dogs out to run around and play, and Xander got the chance to wiggle his toes in the grass. Now, Evie's not much of an outside dog. She wants to be where we are, so she tolerates it if we're out, but she'll sit by the door looking somewhat sad that she isn't inside snuggled in on the couch or at your feet. It's sort of funny. But at the same time, she likes to go on walks or stand with her nose towards the cool breeze and just breath in the air for a few minutes. It must be something similar to having her head out the car window.
Jax, on the other hand, loves being outside. He runs laps around the house, plays with his tail, goads Evie, and truly enjoys himself. He's a hoot to watch in the yard. He likes walks as well, but has to be kept on a short leash because he's still quite a puppy and so very curious. And since he's a bigger dog, he could get away much easier.
Xander hasn't had much opportunity to be outside - at least not when he could truly enjoy it. Last year he spent time outside with us, but he was so little and so new, he couldn't appreciate his surroundings. Then the long winter. Neither Justin or I prefer to be out in the wet snow for too long. When the spring weather hit, it was nice to let Xander walk outside, exploring.
So, back to the story again (I get easily sidetracked), last week we spent an afternoon in the backyard. Xander was hesitant at first, but then started warming up to the grass and being able to walk around. He tootled around, back and forth between Justin & me. He always preferred sitting in a lap as opposed to the ground, but he didn't let it stop him.
Playing with Dad
Here are a few pictures from that day. It's always good to warm-up before exerting a lot of energy...
Remember to strrrreeetttch to your toes (or past)
Get those arms moving...
Now relax....good job everyone! Next class starts in 5 minutes....
You can't tell here but he's getting chased by Daddy.
I think I like it outside!
Twigs - they could be dangerous in the wrong hands...
We enjoyed the nice weather and the fun Xander had outside. Hopefully, it won't rain too much in April, and we'll have plenty more days like this to come. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment