Xander has a fascination. Perhaps even an obsession....with shoes. Normally, we keep a gate closed between the living room and entryway, to contain the trouble he can get into. The minute you open that gate, Xander makes a break for the shoes. It doesn't matter whose they are or what they look like. Justin's dark tennis shoes, my colorful high heels, my shiny flats, Taco John's flipflops, or Daddy's dress-shoes. They're all game.
Recently, Xander has mastered putting his feet into these shoes. He'll do so even if he already has shoes on his feet. He'll then attempt to walk around the house. Most of the time, this doesn't work b/c the shoe is too heavy. So instead, he'll just pick up the shoe, take it to where he wants it, and put it on when he gets there. But my shoes...they're a bit easier. He gets his foot placed just right and he's off cruising around the house.
I was unpacking his suitcase from our trip the other day and he waddled into the room, so proud of himself!
Since I was unpacking and tidying up his room, I was also putting away diapers. Which left another empty box for Xander to play with. I plopped him in and drove him around the room for a few minutes. He giggled a lot!
After he got bored with the shoes and the diaper box, he decided to help me unpack. And he did unpack all of his things....
I love these little things that kids delight in. As impressed as Xander was with himself and wearing shoes, he was even happier to sit. In his suitcase.
No comments:
Post a Comment