Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Discovery Mode

I intended to post these yesterday, but for whatever reason, Blogger was unavailable so I couldn't do anything. But now it's working again.

I've got a few pictures to share.  A couple weekends ago we went to Waterloo to visit Grandma Connie! :)  We had some yummy goulosh for lunch, played a little in the living room, and then headed out to the country to visit Justin's uncle & aunt, Gary & Jan.  Let me just tell you how much Xander enjoyed being out on the farm!!
Xander wasn't so sure about Gary.  He spent a lot of time staring at him. 
Not only did Xander get to meet some baby kittens in the barn (he couldn't stop pointing to the mamma and babies and squeeling!), and play in a little fountain, he also got to meet two very big puppies, Lily & Cooper, and get a tour around the farm. Lily and Cooper are two full-grown Labradors. Much larger than either dog we have at home!  Since Xander seems to love animals, this was good entertainment for him. 
Justin took him around the farm, showing him different trees, the dogs, and just letting him explore.  It was nice that they were able to get some time outside doing these things. 

The real discovery of the day, though, would have to go to the little fountain Gary and Jan have on their patio/deck.  First of all, they have a beautiful patio and deck that lends itself well to sitting outside and enjoying the breeze.  In one corner they have a "water feature." 
Although Xander wasn't at first convinced that he wanted much to do with it...
he soon found that he enjoyed sticking his finger in the water
or his entire hands!
At one point he even tried to climb in and sit down.  We would have ended up with a very wet little boy!!  He'd wander or be led away from the fountain, but once he had it in his mind, there wasn't any letting go. He even tried helping Jan by cleaning out a few "helicopters" from the water....only to put them back a few minutes later.  What can I say?  He's a curious little boy! :)
I love this smile!
By the time we went back to Connie's house, Xander was tired enough he fell asleep almost immediately when he got buckled in to his carseat.  After supper at Connie's we started for home.  We made a stop in Waverly to visit more family, from my side this time.  My Uncle Marty and his family were home and everyone was gathered at my grandpa's house.  They had grilled for supper and were all sitting out on the deck when we arrived. 

Xander got to sit on Great-Grandpa's lap for a little while, played with a few toys, and got to know a few faces a little better.   Again, I cannot emphasize how well Xander slept that night!

The rest of the weekend was nice as well.  We had lunch with my family as they had all come to Charles City.  Xander spent a bit of time with Uncle Aaron while Justin and I played Polish Poker with everyone.  Aaron and Xander chased dogs, went outside, tossed a ball around, and had some fun together.  I wish I had thought to get some pictures.  We stayed for supper and then went back home to relax before the week really got started. 

I'm glad it summer and there will be more opportunities like this.  We enjoy being able to take Xander outside in the nice weather and showing him things.  I'm sure he'll enjoy the splashing in the pool and playing in the sandbox this year!  :) 

Hopefully, I'll have a few more pictures in the near future to share!

1 comment:

Deedrie said...

it's ok little dude we all feel that way about Gary ;)