Tuesday, June 8, 2010

What a Smartie!

Like I said, I'm back with more pictures of Xander.  I hope no one gets bored of them...I find he's more interesting than we are and that's what people really want to hear about anyway! :)

First of all, tonight Justin & I decided we'd go out for supper.  Usually I take along a sippy cup full of milk or water or jui-water (juice/water), as we call it here.  Depending on the size of the cup, Xander can down whatever form of liquid he has pretty quickly.  In which case, it's good to be prepared. So tonight at dinner I ordered him a glass of milk in addition to his jui-water. 

We've been talking about how long it would take him before he really grasped the concept of a straw.  Up to this point, he mostly bites the straw and tips the cup up, causing all the liquid to come out of whatever hole is closest, getting all over everything.  Funny?  Maybe.  Messy?  Definately!  And although I'm fairly calm about Xander's messes, I can only handle so much of it at a time.  So we've patiently stowed away any cup w/ a straw until he can better handle them. 

Tonight, his milk came to the table in a nice little cup with a straw.  Justin decided to try it out with him and see if Xander would be able to 1) suck any liquid up the straw 2) realize he was the one causing the liquid to rise!  (It helps when there is a clear straw!)  And he did it!!  Justin and I were pretty excited and proud of him at this moment - we probably both looked pretty silly at the restaurant but we just couldn't help ourselves.  And once he knew he could do it, he kept wanting more milk.  Near the end we tried giving him the cup but he just tipped it upwards.  So back to help from Mommy & Daddy.  He'll get that part in time. 

So needless to say, a new milestone for the Xan-man!  :)  I even thought quickly enough to snap a picture on my phone!
A few other pictures I have are from time spent at my mom's house.  Some are when Xander was playing in the backyard and the others were from a day when Mom was babysitting.  Xander found the garden and planted areas in Grandpa & Grandma's backyard very intriguing to say the least.  All those pretty flowers and plants!  He even got the chance to "pump" water to the flowers!
One of Xander's new favorite games is "Uh-Oh!"  This mostly consists of walking around with an item in each hand, then sort of dropping/throwing them gently to the floor in front of himself and exclaiming "Uh-Oh!"  It's pretty cute!  Not so cute when he's throwing food on the floor to the dogs....but when it's just some blocks or stacking rings, it's okay! :) 

Mom caught him on camera and the face is priceless! 
The end of this week Xander has his 15 mo checkup.  Monday he got four 15mo shots.  He didn't care for that so much.  Two in each leg.  The first round was shocking for him, but by the end of the second round he was a very unhappy boy.  But now they're out of the way and he won't have to get any more vaccinations until Kindergarten!  And we always appreciate the Wellness Checks.  It's nice to know how Xander is doing in the grand scheme of things, where he lines up on the growth charts, and just knowing he's a healthy little boy!  Any guesses on how much he weighs at this point?  We haven't weighed him in ages and he's getting so big!

No comments: