Friday, May 11, 2012

Fresh Start

Obviously I've been VERY lax about posting updates on the blog about the family.  Most of the time, I forget I've got new photos to share!

So here are a few from the past few months...and I'll TRY TO REMEMBER to post more frequently!

Mom and I decorated a
Buzz Lightyear birthday cake 
for Xander's 3rd birthday
Buzz is his "best friend." 
Ask him - he'll tell you!
 Toy Story Landfill from Grandma Connie...
Do you see Carissa Skyping with us in the background?  
So nice to have her there, even if only over the internet!
He wasn't really in the mood to smile... 
All the March birthdays gathered together
(Notice Xander's still grumpy...) 
 Easter
I would call this Saeli's signature move - she loves putting her hands to your face to say hi.
 Look at that smiley little girl!

 Grandpa and his namesake, Saeli Rae
 A day at the library with Grandma J.
 3 month photos - Saeli
 3 year photos - Xander
 What you don't see in this picture is the "fort" (aka card table)
that he was sleeping under...
 The end of April, in Iowa...it was 85 degrees outside!
 Saeli likes her swing...
 And this is how she cashes out at the end of the day.
You know she's tired when she kicks back and throws her hands behind her head.  

So my little boy is officially growing up.  He's three years old and goes a mile a minute.  He loves time at Grandma's house and adoring with his baby sister.  In the fall, he'll start pre-school...which I think will be harder on me than on him.  As you can tell in the pictures he's usually got a head full of curly, wavy hair, that we occasionally remember to get cut!  

He's a whiz with technology, which is sort of a must in our house, and wouldn't come indoors if we didn't make him!  Taller than most kids his age, he's at the top of the charts.  We're pretty proud of the little man!

Saeli has just passed the 6 month mark.  I cannot believe time has gone so fast!  I blinked and she grew up!  We had a wellness check on Monday, and she pretty much sits at 75% on the growth charts.  16.4 pounds and 26.5 inches long.  

She hates it when you try to lean her back - she wants to be sitting at all times. She knows how to roll over, she can roll over, but she's mostly content to lay on her back or sit and watch the world around her.  And she can sit unassisted for short periods of time. 

We've just recently started solids.  Which at this point just means rice cereal.  She gobbles it down with gusto and cries out for more.  She got the hang of eating that stuff pretty quick.  (But then again, I think she'd have skipped the bottles all together a long time ago if we'd let her...) This weekend I'll stock up on a few fruits and veggies to puree and get the baby food wagon moving!  If she likes rice cereal, I can't wait to see what she thinks of sweet potatoes, butternut squash and applesauce!

If you're still hanging around, checking in to see if I'll EVER update the site again - thanks for coming back!  I promise to do my best getting more info up more often! :) 

No comments: